I realized over Thanksgiving, that not much changes…
- I talk to my extended family often, but now we are just face-to-face
- I get to enjoy a lovely meal at my in-laws every Sunday we visit, this time the menu was just different
- I try to “live in thanksgiving daily” as we are counseled to do
- I get to be with my girls everyday, and vacation is just extra fun
- I don’t have any family members I avoid, or drama or anything to make it too eventful
- It felt a little like everyday
Then I thought, “Wow! Such a special holiday that means so much to people, that’s crazy it felt like any other day.”
But I think it’s because of all the love that constantly surrounds me.
True, there was a special spirit about gathering.
When we all come together, it’s a special place to be.
I am SOOO blessed to have two families who love me!
But as we drove away from our in-laws, it wasn’t the sad feeling I once had.
Back in college, you’d fly in for the holiday only to go back to snow, cold, finals, and whatever else…
I have all I need around me everyday.
What a special thing to realize! I’m so grateful for my blessings that are constantly around me!
Cousins on the couch!
Fun shirts for Thanksgiving!
Love the holidays…
Had an afternoon just with Carmen, so we wrote to Santa and took a walk down to the mailbox.
Next up..Christmas time!!! 🙂