Ok, seriously if there are not two more awesome people.
Introducing, my in-laws.
They let us bring a group of friends out to Tyler to visit.
We’d talked about it for a long time, and finally made it happen.
Tender loving care…I mean, wow. They went over the top to make us feel special.
It was a mini vacation, a couple’s retreat, and we were BEYOND grateful.
Here are some highlights.
- Beds and amazing baskets for everyone!!
- Night swimming, and using amazing bug fans
- Barbeque listening to interesting OB/Gyn stories, naked talk, and everything else random
- Laughing until we were loopy
- Waking up to elevator music and a candy wonderland
- Boys tried to sneak out to golf
- Puppet show with nana
- A brunch at the Country Club with children…not the best combo but we had a blast. The kids told us it was time leave by running up and down the halls
- More swimming, and watching Brax yell “Dibble Dabble!”
- Pedicures for the girls talking about being a wife and a mom and having babies!
- Surprise shopping, jaw-dropping fun
- Finding out the kids survived with a house full of boys
- Rain timed perfectly with our activities, despite the fishing adventure
- Hamburgers and good conversation
- Date night to Andy’s with best custard EVER
- Rocking out to music, fitting into shopping carts, pretending like we’re teenagers
- Failed attempt to play Taylor Rook
- Sunday all sitting together on the BENCHES
- Over-the-top fancy dinner stuffed to the brim!
- Walk around the lake, gorgeous views, and feeding horses
- Browns, also known as Brownies.
- Matching pic on the stairs…to top off the weekend
Amazing what a little love can do.
We felt so spoiled the whole time and had a blast.
Can’t thank them enough.
Not to totally switch gears, but when I came home from Tyler after the rain, I checked out our yard and flowers and I was BLOWN AWAY.
Not too long ago our house was sad, full of weeds, dead trees (still workin on that), and just needed a little TLC of it’s own.
I’m so happy to say I love it here.
After our mini vacation, I just felt so good coming home.
We have a place, and we love it.
Check out what a little TLC can do.
I mean, look at our YARD!
and then with a few weekends of Michael’s blood, sweat and (the girls’) tears…
Hurray for a little TLC!!
We love our family, our home, this area, and our friends…
I guess you could say we are turning into Texans.
I mean, it IS 80 degrees today.