There’s a lot I want to say about sisters…
So hang on and hear me out.
First, let me introduce you to my brother. (I know, this is a post about SISTERS, so why Kent?)
Here he is:
In all of his handsome glory.
He is my big brother.
I’ve always looked up to him. See, proof:
We have a great relationship. We have always been close.
When we were young, we’d spend hours playing together: legos, turtles, forts, orphans…he was the best!
Then as teenagers we spent lots of late nights talking. He was my cool senior brother when I was a freshman! Then, at BYU We used to do lunch dates and even attempted at sharing a car.
Then I got married.
Not only did I get married, but to a wonderful man who Kent set me up with.
I owe everything to Kent.
Michael has fit into the family perfectly. He comes along for the ride, and is a good sport about all our crazy quirks!
I soon realized that me and Kent turned different–not bad—but different. I now took lots of pictures with ‘my guy’ and Kent maybe felt a little on the sidelines.
I mean, I’m his little sister!
But I’m here to say, through life and all the changes, I still need my brother. He’s something special.
SO WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH SISTERS??
Well, Kent is now the Mormon Bachelor.
This means he will have the opportunity to be set up with 12 different Mormon girls throughout the country. These girls will apply to date Kent, hoping to find a lasting match.
Kent will be open about his dates and portions of them will be available for the public to watch online.
He is taking this very seriously and is determined that girl is out there!
So here’s the deal. I was blessed with the BEST little sister.
Here she is:
We are 6 years apart, but we are still best of friends.
I used to get upset with her for her hundreds of stuffed animals that she insisted needed to be on her bed (aka floor)…
Anyway, she is now blossomed into a gorgeous young lady and is going to BYU PROVO this summer!
We have a special relationship, and have grown even closer in recent years.
So one of the MAJOR bonuses of marrying into the Taylor family is this gorgeous girl:
I LOVE HER!! She makes me laugh with cool things she sends me from the internet. She makes me feel comfortable in any conversation. She makes me feel like we are REAL sisters. She never had a sister before, and I was SO LUCKY to be her maid of honor at her wedding.
We clicked instantly, and she is a genuine, beautiful girl!
EXTRA EXTRA SISTER!
In just a few short days, I will get another beautiful sister. Michael’s brother is marrying the gorgeous girl (yes, she’s a blonde!!!) on the right.
She is absolutely amazing, in every sense of the word.
She is strong, subtle, sweet, and simply perfect!
I can’t wait to get to know her better and latch on to her, just like sisters are supposed to do!!
How happy was I when I found out that Carmen was going to have a sister??! Well, sure, I was a little terrified at first..
Why? Because sometimes sisters are ruthless. Sometimes they fight over clothes and pull each others hair. Sometimes they like the same boys and sometimes they….you know…just do that girl thing.
But then I thought. No, they’ll be best of friends.
I can see it developing already. They love each other.
Nora smiles at Carmen.
Carmen looks out for Nora.
They are SISTERS and I can’t get enough of it.
Ok, so it could end there..but like I said, this is long. Why is sisters today’s word?
Because I want another amazing sister!
I want Kent to find the woman of his dreams.
I know he is looking for a connection and he will know when he finds her.
But let’s be honest. 100s of girls are applying…and I’m just NERVOUS.
What type of girls are out there?
Will we overlook one that might have worked?
But as I went to bed last night I couldn’t help but think…
Can I put my opinion out there?
Can I influence one (it only takes ONE) girl out there to apply for the show?
The right girl…the IDEAL girl.
So, here it goes.
WHAT I SEE AS AN IDEAL MATCH FOR KENT
Here’s my top-10 two cents…
A girl who…
1. Loves the Lord more than anything. More than she’ll love Kent, herself, anyone. Cares more about what the Lord thinks than what others do or say.
2. Is temple-worthy and desires a temple marriage.(Might even be willing to be sealed in Kent’s fav the SD temple!)
3. Wants to be a mom. A NICE mom who loves kids. Won’t yell at them like a crazy-person and has a service-oriented spirit. (As my baby starts to fuss in the other room…haha)
4. Can make Kent laugh. Doesn’t take herself or life too seriously. Is fun, spontaneous and lives life to the fullest. Balances fun with deep intellect.
5. Can help Kent feel comfortable. Doesn’t stretch to make conversation. Is easy to talk to and real!
6. Is naturally good-natured and non-judgmental. Doesn’t dwell or feed on drama. Doesn’t talk bad about others or themselves.
7. Can support a family with strong financial common sense. Is smart and college educated. Isn’t afraid to go through dental school with Kent or sacrifice a little. Doesn’t feel entitled to things, or over-spoiled. My parents do SO much for us, so it’s nice to have a grateful heart.
8. Likes to be active, fit and fun. Enjoys sports and has a healthy competitive flair.Doesn’t mind getting sweaty playing vball or dirty when camping.
9. Dresses modestly. Always. Period. (Don’t know why that is so hard for some women…) It is about respecting herself. A girl who is not interested in getting attention from guys, but respect from them. Shoots for attention from the right men and will teach her girls to do the same.
10. Is someone I can look up to as a person of genuine kindness and character. Is willing to love our family as much as we’ll love her.
and MOST OF ALL….
Loves Kent and can find true joy living eternally with him!
Best of luck to all the ladies, and I hope one of you will someday be my SISTER!