I look at success a little differently now.
Of course, the world tries to define success:
- Titles, positions, prestige
- Big car, big house
- Name brand clothing
- Home theaters
- iPods and every other electronic
- Money for travel
- …you name it, you can have it
I want to introduce you to a little thing I’ll call
It’s still that feeling of concentration and perseverance, just defined a little differently.
Mommy Success is…
- Discovering the poopy diaper before the explosion out the side (ps–they just tried to tell me poopy was spelled wrong…I guess wordpress doesn’t have the mom vocab)
- Getting ready for the day (complete with shower) before the 20 minute electronic babysitter runs out
- Being out the door all girls clean and dressed before 10am!
- Seeing Carmen blow a bubble by herself
- Have both girls sleeping at the same time for 60 minutes so I can work (or blog…opps! haha)
- To be able to nurse Nora while sitting down the whole time
- Being in bed before 11pm!
- Watching Carmen brush her teeth
- While driving, reaching back to find the pacifier on my first try
- Seeing Carmen fold her arms for prayer (because of all our snacks, she does this at least 5 times a day!)
- Smelling good or putting some lip gloss on before my husband comes home from work
- Having an idea for dinner before 4:30pm! (extra bonus points for making it by 5:30)
- …you get the idea
And for those of you who read my other post, mommy success is completing my run today with all smiles!
I figured out the secret to mommy success….fruit snacks, and her own iPod to listen to! She was so happy the whole time and I felt SO good having pushed this beastly car seat around for 2 miles or so!
These pictures were taken today AFTER my run!
It feels so good!
I love my job.
I also love that I get to define success so differently from the world.