Let’s just reflect on that for a second…I’ve been married for TWO years to the most wonderful man on the planet.
May 15, 2009 was such a beautiful day.
I feel like I won the lottery. I know it’s a miracle that any marriage works out, especially in these days. Marriage has been such a blessing to me. Michael is my other half, and is still perfect in my eyes.
Look what he wrote 12 days before we got married. He was in Tyler visiting his family. I found this email the other day, and it almost made me cry.
A Note from Michael
I know you so well. I know you probably better than you think. I know that some time today you will sit down and get on the internet and check your email. And when you do I wanted you to have this email from me to you!
…This weekend it hit me harder than it has in a long time. I am so in love with you. I think about you all the time. I find myself day dreaming about you constantly and imagining our lives together. It’s so fun for me to think about. I think about you in almost everything I do. Even yesterday out on the golf course as I was lining up a putt on the green, I thought about how wonderful you are and was wondering if you got your wedding dress yet and what you thought about it and all. I love having you on my mind.
… I have felt incomplete without you and I realized more than ever that when I am with you I am more confident and sure of myself and us and our future. It is a result of you and your optimism and support. You are wonderful.
…If I ever tried to complain or get depressed or think poor me, how ungrateful I would be. God has given me so much.
I love you so much. I can’t believe all these amazing things are happening. Let’s make these next couple of weeks the best ever… We are so happy and we aren’t going to let anyone change that. I can’t wait to hug on you and kiss you tomorrow.
(I hope he’s not embarrassed by me sharing this… I didn’t get permission so technically it’s copyright infringement. 🙂 )
I love this. It’s fun to think back and imagine our “future” together. Now we’ve created our “future” and it’s been beautiful.
What I’ve learned since I’ve been married:
- Marriage is the best thing that can ever happen to someone, if both are sincere and committed
- I rely on Michael’s opinion for the ultimate decision, I’m good at coming up with options
- Being on a budget is fun, especially if you make it a game of “how good can we be this month?”
- I’m a sucker for little love notes
- I love Michael more than the computer
- I have to have things picked up before I go to bed
- Michael has a great eye for decorating
- It doesn’t matter where you are, as long as you’re together
- I love it when Michael comes home from work
- Drinking water out of water bottles is a very easy way to save the top rack in the dishwasher (no cups!)
- I’ve been blessed with a mother-in-law who sends me notes in the mail
- We eat a lot of chicken
- It is more important to love than to be right
- When I get my feelings hurt sometimes I turn over in bed, we turned this into the “bum treatment” and now it’s a fun way to laugh about it
- I love cuddling on the couch…even if we are watching basketball games
- I realized I have a favorite announcer on TNT, and I make Michael stop the DVR so I can hear Chuck’s comments (Never thought I’d care about that)
- Moving makes you grow closer together.
- If I start the dinner when Michael leaves work, the timing is just about right
- I like to have things to look forward to
- After the baby, it’s much harder to leave the house
- It’s important to talk about expectations
- Michael is a true leader in the home
- If you talk, small problems don’t turn into big ones
- A “welcome home” sign goes a long way
- Candles aren’t just to make your house smell good
- You can have fun at a canning demonstration at the local museum
- I thought I knew Michael before, now I realize how much we can really grow together
- Phase-10 is our go-to game… during labor, at the park….anywhere
- I spend more at the grocery store if Michael comes along
- It’s important to relive your memories together and make new ones
- Family home evening is inspired
- Love is something you have to work for
- I’m glad I don’t have buyer’s remorse, even after the 100th episode of “Say Yes to the Dress”
- Family is everything
- Half the times you get offended, it’s embarrassing to say so
- Exercise is good for the body and mind
- Doesn’t matter if you’re married for 2 years or 20, everyone still has things to learn in marriage
So happy to celebrate this day and all it means to me. xoxo
I love you Michael.